Home Insurance in Iowa

At Brown-Hurst Insurance Agency Inc., we are an Iowa-based insurance agency with offices in Union, Marshalltown, or Eldora, IA. We provide a wide selection of insurance policies to keep you, your loved ones, and your possessions safe. Homeowners insurance is one of the most common types of insurance people carry, and if you need a policy or are looking for a new agent, we're here to help.

Homeowners Insurance In Iowa

In Iowa, home insurance isn't required by law; however, it is often required by lenders if you have a mortgage. Even if you own your home, having a homeowners policy is still an effective protective measure to help keep you safe. Here are some of the things that a homeowners policy covers.

  • The Home Itself: Homeowners insurance protects your home and its components, such as the interior, roof, and walls. This also includes attached structures such as a porch.
  • Personal Property: Homeowners insurance covers your possessions, such as clothing, furniture, and electronics. Many policies, however, do have limits on certain types of items, such as jewelry. An endorsement can be added to increase coverage on these specific types of items if you need more coverage.
  • Other Structures On Your Property: Homeowner insurance also covers other structures on your property, such as a shed or fence.
  • Medical and Liability Coverage: If someone is injured or has personal property damaged at home, a homeowners policy provides coverage for these expenses. Medical expenses can also be covered.
  • Loss of Use: If you incur expenses due to losing access to your home, your policy can cover such expenses as hotel costs when your home is being repaired or rebuilt.

If you need a homeowner’s policy, contact us at Brown-Hurst Insurance Agency Inc. today or visit our office in Union, Marshalltown, or Eldora, IA. We can help you with a homeowners plan configured to fit your specific needs and life situation.